Skip to main content

Danny Welbeck Ready to be 1st Eleven

DANNY WELBECK wants to challenge Manchester United's superstars for a starting spot this term.

The striker, 19, has played a key role with Alex Ferguson's first team in pre-season.
He spent the end of the last campaign on loan at Preston, managed by Ferguson's son Darren.
And although he is prepared to be farmed out again, Welbeck is hoping to be considered for the starting XI.
He said: "My main aim is to be part of the first team set-up this season.
"But I'm happy to go on loan if the manager wants me to. I just want to keep playing games and improving.
"I feel like I've improved a lot over the last couple of years in particular.
"I've learnt so much during that time, particularly the importance of mental strength on and off the pitch.
"I want to keep improving and striving to show everyone what I can do."
Welbeck admits he is inspired by United legends Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.
He added: "It's always good to be away with a few of the older lads because you pick up so much from them every day.
"You see how they prepare for games, how they rest and how they train.
"The older lads at the club are unbelievable - they have this huge determination to win every single training match, let alone actual games.
"Just to be around them is a real privilege."

Source: The Sun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manchester United Players Profile: Patrice Evra

PATRICE EVRA Birthdate: 15 May 1981 Jersey No: 3 Birthplace: Dakar, Senegal Position: Defender Appearances 246 Goals Scored 3 Joined United: 10 Jan 2006 United Debut: 14 Jan 2006 v Manchester City (A) International: France